Sunday 23 November 2008

One Toke Over The Line

Right. Here it is. I'm gonna put all the stuff I've been doing up here in one massive post. I pray to god my computer doesn't crash. Right, I've been going over the work I've already done, and for the colour project the final pieces I came up with ended up coming out pixelated and lame, so I've just spent hours tracing them in Illustrator so that the print quality is higher, and here they are in all their vector-based glory:


Right, I have no idea why it keeps inverting the colours but it's really starting to piss me off. Anyway yeah, these are the 5 characters that make up half of my solution to the Colours brief. They're meant to be orange.

Anyway, the most recent brief we've had has been the 'No News Is Good News' one, and I researched into the subject of the current recession and global financial crisis, for the last brief I created a Financial Crisis version of the monopoly board to use as a mail spot to highlight the current situation. Here's my edited version of the monopoly man:


I've really been going overboard with the Illustrator work lately, I found the classes we had to be really helpful and I've been incorperating what I learned into a lot of my work. Anyway yeah, here's the monopoly board itself:


Nice eh? So yeah, I'd send a 'travel size' copy of this, along with a letter explaining that due to the current financial crisis all the pieces had been reposessed. And yeah, when I printed it out this was in two colours as the brief dictates, but I made it in full colour originally. Before this, we had to create a set of posters along the same lines, so I created these:


Again, going all out with the vector work here. I'm gonna try and upload more stuff tomorrow when I come in because I'm sure I've got more work on the college macs.

Safe.

No comments: