Sunday 2 November 2008

Trust me, I'm a stomach.

Right, time for that update I'd promised. First up, the 'Orange' project. We were all assigned a colour at the start of the course when we were given our magical plastic portfolios of power, I got an orange sponge. We had to gather 10 other items that were orange, so I got an orange rubber skeleton, some plastic knives, air fresheners, a glow stick, a scarf, and a few other things. Thank Christ for poundland.

Anyway, we were grouped together in order of colour so in our group we were told to organise our items in different ways, darkest to lightest, reddest to yellowest, etc.


So we spent a while trying different combinations, layout the items out differently and so on, and then as a class we pooled all of our resources to make our own colour wheel around the class, sadly at this point my camera broke...



Anyway, after this we were set a brief to create ten 150mmx150mm 2d images, as i explained before - and here are some of the images I came up with...




Not bad eh? But these are hand drawn, and for that reason the quality I got at the end when I printed them was quite poor, very pixelated. So now I want to re-do them in Illustrator so that I can scale them to any size I want and get a decent printout, plus, given that they were scanned at quite a low resolution on a home scanner, they are quite grainy.

More soon. I promise. :P
Much Love.

No comments: