Friday 23 January 2009

Do Not Adjust Your Brain, There's A Fault In Reality

Howdy ho. I just became aware that everyone else in the class seems to be in a mad panic to update their blogs, and I'd hate to feel like I'm missing out on something. Even though I am up to date, here's another delectable taste of wisdom straight from my beautiful brain like. 

Yeah, anyway, after making the Nathan Sawaya book, I wanted to go a different direction so as to not get bogged down with this artist, primarily because it's quite hard to get any decent research on the guy as he lives in New York, I live in Leeds and in between that there's not a whole lot of his work about. So I decided to look up how many colours are used in making Lego parts, I figured there'd be less than 100 but I was mistaken, there's nearly 200. So I looked up all the different colours, their Pantone, CMYK and RGB values and wopped out a bit of a colour chart. It's not in any particular order because it's just a slightly modified contact sheet, but until yesterday my idea was to make a swatch book of Lego colours. 

I say until yesterday because after my awe-inspiring crit with Lorenzo, I've decided to take up the idea of getting 100 people to make 100 lego models in 100 seconds, and take 10 photos of each. Why? Because. I'm hoping Jonny or Dan can bring in a bit of Lego for me to muck about with on this because Lego seems to be less than a commodity in Leeds, you have to know someone who knows someone else who once heard there was Lego in this place, yadda yadda yadda, in order to get some. Anyway. Yeah, that's my plan and I'm sticking to it. So there.

Here's the ol' colour chart:

No comments: