Tuesday 20 January 2009

Turbo

Since my last update I have indeed designed a 32 page book about Nathan Sawaya and his fetish for Lego. I've drawn a bit of inspiration for the design from the Factory Records graphic album I got for christmas, I'd changed the name of the book to 'Nathan Sawaya - Under Construction' so I copied the hazard-stripe design used by Peter Saville in a lot of the Fac work to use as the base for my book design. Pretty nifty eh? You'd think so, but after the feedback I got on monday [which wasn't too bad actually, I scored 14 in the end...] I think maybe a design overhaul is needed.

My layout, I admit, wasn't particularly well thought out, the images I had to use proved to be a pain in the ass when it came to putting them onto a page, and my hazard stripe idea probably wasn't necessary as a page border. But still, you live and learn I guess. Take a look:



Back to the clawing board. Now that I've researched into that tangent of Lego, I wanna pull it back a bit and look into Lego itself, maybe how it's constructed or Technic Lego or something. I feel a bit trapped with it as a topic on a whole, but I'm sure there's a great idea within it waiting to be usurped.

Oh, and another thing. Take a look at this, for I think it be splendid:

1 comment:

lindseymarshallbagd said...

This is bloody awesome..... like.