Tuesday 10 February 2009

Hear Me Now, All Crimes Should Be Treasured If They Bring Thee Pleasure Somehow

What is a line - stop bugging me about it, I don't know. Given my initial ideas and research on the subject, I now intend to follow the audio-visual route, I want to stay far away from the idea that a line has to be a 2D entity, instead I want to be quite abstract. I'm drawing great inspiration from the Unknown Pleasures artwork and from that [given that it's 100 recorded pulses from the first recorded Pulsar...] I intend to look into astrology and sound recording, but also to see if I can create some interesting visuals using plotted star maps and different readings, ie: gamma, radio, etc.

I want to record people saying 'Line' and words relating to it, and bring up wave bars from the audio which I can then trace and manipulate, although it would be tempting to create an animation with them since they move anyway I want to try to limit myself here, because I think that'll force me to squeeze more potential out of the subject. Maybe limit my colour palette as well or something, I dunno. But I want to create a series of posters from
my research, and I don't just want them to be pretty images I want them to represent some of the data i gather. Maybe some weird pictoral form of graph or something. Anyway, time will tell and all that yeah?

Maybe get into a bit of the ol' scientific theory and see how the linear structure of time could possibly be bent?
Lovely bit of Graphic Equalizer there.

Pulsar waves. Pretty eh?


No comments: